Accidents
In Mykolaiv Oblast, a man suspected of raping a child was arrested without bail
The court ruled to detain the suspect for 60 days
Цей матеріал також доступний:
The Appellate Court granted a complaint by the Mykolaiv Regional Prosecutor’s Office to change the preventive measure for a resident of Bashtanka who is suspected of raping a minor child.
This was reported by the press service of the Mykolaiv Regional Prosecutor’s Office.
The incident occurred in May 2026 at the residence of the suspect’s common-law partner. 39-year-old man committed sexual violence against her daughter. The following day, the child victim told her mother what had happened.
At the same time, on May 5 the investigating judge of the Bashtanka District Court ruled to detain the suspect for 60 days, but indicated an alternative — the possibility of release on bail in the amount of 399,360 hryvnias. Juvenile prosecutors categorically disagreed with the possibility of releasing the suspect on bail.
The very next day the prosecution filed an appeal. The Mykolaiv Regional Prosecutor’s Office reported that the panel of judges fully took into account the prosecutors’ substantiated arguments.
The Appellate Court overturned the previous ruling and imposed the most severe preventive measure on the suspect — remand in custody without the option to post bail.
Previously, we wrote:
- In Mykolaiv, a man is suspected of indecent acts against a minor
- In Mykolaiv region, a man was tried for a crime against a child
- The child told her mother: police opened a case regarding sexual violence
- In Mykolaiv region, a man was informed of suspicion in a crime against a minor
- The court imposed a preventive measure on a suspect in a serious crime against a child




